Summary: Event site: https://www.ri2020.io/ Event date: May 18th, 2020 P-PREP Commitment Date: April 30th, 2020 Telegram: u/markusreisner submitted by
We believe we have a strong proposition to market ICON in a meaningful way to some of the largest communities in crypto.
The MouseBelt team has the largest global network of over 100+ universities in 20+ countries. Over the last few months, 10+ university blockchain events we were working with got canceled for obvious reasons.
Due to that fact, and our understanding of our reach we decided to launch a virtual conference. Since April 10th here is what happened:
- We have enrolled over 100+ partners and universities
- With BlockTV’s distribution (we are taking over the site for 1+ months) and our post-conference strategy, this content will reach 5+ million views
- Over 5000 people have registered between Eventbrite and Facebook (with 21 days to go, we expect 20,000 people registered)
- We have invested $70,000 to professionally produce this 72-hour event with BlockTV
- We believe we have surpassed Cointelegraph and Consensus in reach and production quality.
- We believe this is the #1 conference in crypto currently.
MouseBelt will invest over $70k+ into this event. We would like to have fellow P-Reps invest $20k (this will go 100% to BlockTV production cost).
The benefit to the ICON community will be:
- Owning 20% of the conference “screen time” at a 50% discount
- Increased exposure to over 100+ top universities working on blockchain
- Partnership with Anheuser-Busch InBev, and Coca Cola for one of our hackathon events (or similar).
- We are open to adding as many additional benefits as possible as we are a part of the ICON community
MouseBelt is a popular blockchain ecosystem consisting of multiple parts:
MouseBelt as ICON developers:
- Top 3 global blockchain accelerator, investing into early to mid-stage blockchain projects
- The global leader in blockchain education
- Over 100+ schools in 20+ countries
- The largest coalition of blockchain and enterprise companies aimed at supporting blockchain education at the university level
- ICON, Binance, Ripple, Mastercard, Hedera, etc
- Over 50+ blockchain developers working on a variety of blockchain projects
Our engineering team has implemented token assets on ZenSports (SPORTS), the first STO on the ICON network, and GrowYourBase, the #1 IRC2 application token in market capitalization on the ICON network.
Currently, we are developing the Balanced network in concert with ICX_Station, PARROT9, and Iconosphere. Balanced will bring synthetic assets backed by ICX to the ICON network, as well as tokenized staked ICX. This can assist with both a stable asset for payments, and a base for other DeFi applications MouseBelt as a P-Rep:
We have been a Main P-Rep most of the time since decentralization of the network and so far had utilized our funds for student education.
Such as the “ICON in a box” workshops and the Milwaukee Blockchain Conference
, which we sponsored in a direct ICX payment and the second annual payment for UCLA’s blockchain engineering course
. REIMAGINE2020, Conference details:
Conferences have always been an integral part of the blockchain space to promote projects in the industry.
With recent evolutions around the globe, things have changed. They either got canceled or delayed.
We have created REIMAGINE2020
, a virtual conference. Shared by the ICON Foundation on April 18.
We can effectively and efficiently promote ICON to the world through Reiamgine2020 | BlockTV. The driving force behind the conference is: highest quality of Content matched with the best production quality for Video. The funds will allow MouseBelt to promote ICON logo/branding throughout the conference/programming for straight 72 hr of live streaming. Additionally, we have the opportunity to properly place ICON logo/branding in highly favorable on-screen placements (tickers/commercials/plugs and continuous branding) reaching 5M viewers globally. ICX Station is providing a Keynote to drive global interest. Confirmed partners
Schedule & Format
- Industry: Blockchain Education Alliance (providing 1 keynote and 3 workshops each)
- Ing, Boeing, Coca Cola, AB Inbev, (in discussion with 20+ more over the next 3 weeks)
- Nervos, ICON (Daeki Lee will be a speaker), Hedera Hashgraph, Emurgo, ETC Labs, IoTeX, Kucoin, Constellation, NEO, Matic, Ripple, NEM, Orbs, Wanchain, Ontology, Harmony, Stellar, Truffle Suite, etc
- Education: 50+ Universities and student groups
- BlockTV: Official co-producers of the event. They will assist us in creating and hosting content for a 72-hour live stream.
- Crypto Briefing
- 72 hour live stream (may be live or pre-recorded)
- Premier Content - Facilitated/moderated and produced by BlockTV. Speakers and content provided by MouseBelt (ex: keynotes, panels, debates)
- Events - BlockTV presents the segment. MouseBelt runs coverage of the event (ex: hackathon, pitch events, trading competition)
- Additional Content - BlockTV provides up to 3 hours of additional content per day. More additional content provided by MouseBelt media partners (Interviews & Q&As)
- One-off events running simultaneously to the livestream hosted by MouseBelt & partners
- 1:1 Networking
- Invite-only VIP & student event
- BlockTV - #1 blockchain TV channel in the world
- High-quality video content produced in professional studio
- MouseBelt investing $70,000 to produce this 72-hour event
- Multiple network partners streaming the content live & rebroadcasting over the following 2 weeks
- Expected 5 million views
In addition to the communities of our confirmed partners and universities we are targeting:
1. Viewers - Tuning into the livestream, attending a workshop, or watching the content post-conference.
- BlockTV - 1.7m weekly live viewers from over 60 countries
- Crypto Media Partners - 300k+ community members in Facebook groups & listservs
- MouseBelt University - 5,000 students from 100+ universities in 24 countries (58% developers)
- Top 16 cities for blockchain meetups - Amsterdam, Atlanta, Berlin, Boston, Buenos Aires, London, New York, Paris, Puerto Rico, San Francisco, Seoul, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Vancouver, Zurich
- Executives and investors from blockchain & non-blockchain companies like Mastercard, Budweiser, Draper, etc.
2. Participants - Speakers, partners, and sponsors
- Crypto Enthusiasts: Livestreamed & pinned to our crypto communities:
- University students: 100+ university network in 24 countries = 5,000 students
- Partner communities - some of the top crypto media and industry people in the world have already shared our event:
- Global distribution by BlockTV over 90 days = 5 million impressions
3. As far as hard data for "attendees" we have two signals
- 60 industry executives = BEA Members @ 3 speakers/workshops each
- 18 university partners - USA, UK, Australia, Czech Republic, Ghana, Nigeria
- Speakers include Hedera CMO, Emurgo CEO, Dr. Sadoghi at UC Davis and more...
- Confirmed keynotes & workshops listed here
- Influencers we are reaching out to: Chamath Palihapitiya, Adam Back, Ray Dalio, Andreessen Horowitz, Michael Novogratz, Naval Ravikant, Balaji S. Srinivasan, Su Zhu, Charlie Lee, Nick Szabo, Riccardo Spagni, Fred Wilson, Max Keiser, Winklevoss, Air Paul, Michael Arrington, Peter Schiff, Paolo Adroino, Elizabeth Stark, Marc Andreessen, A. Pompliano, Patrick Byrne, Brock Pierce, CZ, Vitalik, Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- 5000+ attendees on Facebook and Eventbrite, with 3 weeks to go (13X MORE than Virtual Blockchain Week!)
- Attendee list includes a mix of media, university representatives, C-level executives, developers, and startup founders
As originally written via CoinLive
: (improved reading experience)
Back in 2017, the blockchain industry experienced an unprecedented interest which ended in what is often referred in financial terms as “irrational exuberance”, with a large portion of the rally led by retail-type investors flooding the market to ultimately chase prices at illogically hefty levels based on the infancy stage of the technological advancements and its implementations.
That rise was too fast too quick and eventually, in early January 2018, the bubble-like move came to an abrupt end. The question now is, what will it take for another sustainable bull run to materialize? At CoinLive, we will inspect the key missing pieces of the puzzle. In this article, we will investigate the ever-growing list of evidence that shows why a new type of investors, the institutional ones, looks set to enter the market in mass.
The two critical impediments for the ‘smart money’ to have been on the sidelines are clearly identifiable. Firstly, it has to do with custodianship, in other words, having formal mechanisms that allow the safe storage of the asset. Secondly, the regulation around the crypto market must be clarified with clearer guidance.
When it comes to the first missing piece of custodianship, the NY Times recently helped shed a light on where we are headed. The influential newspaper reported
that ICE (Intercontinental Exchange), which is the parent company behind the NY Stock Exchange (NYSE), is working confidentially in the implementation of swap contracts for banks and large investors that will be settled with the physical delivery of Bitcoin.
For ICE to even consider this idea it means that the problem of legal custodianship is being worked out so that the backing and security of Bitcoins by the NYSE will be in place. This will open the floodgates to a whole new market, where the King of cryptos and other digital assets down the road become available to a much wider and more influential customer base. We are certainly at a stage where institutions have recognized that Bitcoin is “too big to ignore”.
What’s also important is that by using a swap contract, the trading of Bitcoins will be oversight under the existing regulatory framework of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, hence less regulatory uncertainty.
As a reminder, the CFTC is headed by J. Christopher Giancarlo, who is a proclaimed pro-blockchain endorser after his popular appearance in front of a U.S. Senate hearing on blockchain technology last February, where he famously said: “We owe it to this generation to respect their interest in this new technology.”
Moreover, earlier this year, Boston-based State Street, the world’s second-largest custody bank with around £24tn in assets under custody and administration, came out to announce that safeguarding clients' digital assets could be a service they are looking to provide a solution in the near future. If confirmed, it would represent a major move as it sets a precedent as the first global bank to provide custodianship services for crypto-related investments.
While Bitcoin is not serving its initially intended purpose as a widely used method of payments (for now), it has found another appeal as a store of value that is uncorrelated to any other asset class, hence it has an exceptional use as a hedging strategy for multi-billion dollar portfolios to help reduce the overall volatility.
Other stories strengthening the notion of institutional capital set to come into the cryptoverse include the news that Goldman Sachs will be trading futures contracts linked to Bitcoin’s price as an initial step, only to gradually transition into a more direct trading of buying and selling actual Bitcoins.
Find our recent article where we explain why Goldman Sachs trading Bitcoin is such a big deal
Even the chief executive of Nasdaq, Adena Friedman, recently said considerations were being given to set up a virtual-currency exchange should the needed regulatory framework be resolved.
Additionally, we have seen a growing trend of senior-level executives at institutional firms flocking off the safety of their well-established positions to venture into blockchain-related jobs. We include a few articles with evidence below: Goldman Sachs Executives are Moving to Cryptocurrency Hedge Funds Mike Novogratz Makes Goldman VP the COO of His Crypto Company Coinbase Hires Ex-Barclays Director to Expand Its Institutional Client Base Commonwealth Bank CFO to Lead Block.one as President and COO
The migration in job positions from traditional financial markets into blockchain comes as no surprise and quite frankly, it appears to be a logical and rational step to be taken, especially in light of the new revenue streams the blockchain sector has to offer.
Proof of that is the fact that Binance, a crypto exchange with around 200 employees and less than 1 year of operations has overcome Deutsche Bank, which has more than 100,000 employees and over 150 years of history, in total profits. What this communicates is that the opportunities to grow an institution’s revenue stream is formidable once they decide to integrate cryptocurrencies into their business models.
Another piece of the puzzle, even if occurring behind closed doors, is the consideration to launch a Bitcoin ETF. Back in April, it was reported that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has put back on the table two Bitcoin ETF proposals, according to public documents. The agency is under formal proceedings to approve a rule change that would allow NYSE Arca to list two exchange-traded funds (ETFs) proposed by fund provider ProShares.
The introduction of an ETF would make Bitcoin available to a much wider share of market participants, with the ability to directly buy the asset at the click of a button, essentially simplifying the current complexity that involves having to deal with all the cumbersome steps currently in place.
More evidence of the emergence of institutions playing a more dominant role in the blockchain industry is the unprecedented interest to amass Bitcoins in the OTC (Over the Counter Market). We perceive this trend as directly linked store Bitcoin as a store of value. This article by Bloomberg should give you a taste of what's happening behind the scenes: The Wealthy Are Hoarding $10 Billion of Bitcoin in Bunkers.
As ConLive recently tweeted: "Our network of Insiders telling us between 5000-10.000 BTC are being sold every week OTC by Chinese BTC miners to Israeli buyers - Wall Street type - as they look to accumulate a big hand in BTC. “ !(https://coinlive.io/ckeditor_assets/pictures/868/content_2018-05-15_0957.png)
Lastly, one of the most critical missing piece is the subject of global regulations. Back in March, Mark Carney, the head of Bank of England and the chief of the Financial Stability Board of G20 stated that “crypto-assets do not pose risks to global financial stability at this time.” That caused a temporary relief in the crypto sphere as the risk of a regulatory backlash was removed for the time being until July, the month when more clarity will be provided.
The chair of the Argentina Central Bank, Federico Sturzenegger, on his role of sitting the G20 summit, said that members showed a unifying view on the need of cryptocurrencies to be supported by a more sound regulatory framework. The policy-maker, however, made it clear that they first need to examine the cryptocurrencies universe to gather the necessary data before proposing regulations.
“In July we have to offer very concrete, very specific recommendations on, not ‘what do we regulate?’ but ‘what is the data we need?” Sturzenegger said.
To sum up, the improvements in custodianship solutions, along with more clarity by the G20 committee, which is set to provide less uncertainty for institutional investors’ involvement, is a recipe for a renewed bull wave, this time of institutional capital, to shake up the crypto space.
At CoinLive, we will not venture into the timing, as that is quite irresponsible trying to pretend we have a "crystal ball" to determine when moves will occur. We just simply look at the big picture and try to connect the dots by first breaking down the latest developments to then draw some conclusions. Never forget, markets should always be approached as a numbers' game, and while nothing is certain, we just attempt to envision and inform on scenarios with the highest likelihood.
Boston University Libraries Research Guides Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies Coins, tokens, mining and exchanges ... The current reward for new Bitcoin blocks is 12.5 bitcoins. The reward is reduced by half every 4 years. The total number of Bitcoins is expected to be 21 million predicted to occur in 2024. Miners are also paid fees for the transactions included in each block. Proof-of-Stake and ... Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao has apologized for causing concern among the crypto community when he openly spoke about the possibility of a rollback for the Bitcoin blockchain following confirmation of a hack leading to the theft of USD 40 million worth of bitcoins on its platform.. The rollback had caused a sharp backlash, particularly among Bitcoin-only communities, aghast at the very concept ... Binance.US looks to be far more limited than regular Binance, with only Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, and Tether trading available to start. Further, Binance.US will require identification information to sign up in order to comply with regulations. Binance, which is based in Taiwan, announced on Tuesday that hackers were able to withdraw about 7,000 bitcoin through a single transaction, amounting to $40 million. Hackers employed various methods, including phishing and viruses, in what the company described as a “large scale security breach.” Withdrawals and deposits on the platform have since been suspended. Fortunately for Binance ... New Blockchain Center Opened in Boston University Campus by Turkish University. A new blockchain center within the Boston’s Northeastern University (NEU) campus, has been inaugurated by the Turkish Bahçeşehir University (BAU).. The new centre – dubbed BAU–NEU blockchain Laboratory – aimed to not only provide extensive informational knowledge in the blockchain field for the American ... MIT Media Lab researchers Neha Narula, Thaddeus Dryja, Madars Virza and Boston University researcher Ethan Heilman discovered a cryptographic vulnerability in the code of the ninth largest cryptocurrency by market share, IOTA. Sponsored Links IOTA’s Code Vulnerability According to a blog post by Neha Narula, Director of the Digital Currency Initiate at MIT Media Labs, ... University of Massachusetts Boston Student Accused of Stealing $5 Million in Cryptocurrency. By. John Kojo Kumi - August 2, 2018. 258. Share . Twitter. ReddIt. Telegram. WhatsApp. Advertisement Joel Ortiz 20 has been accused of using dubious means to take over people social media accounts and selling them in Bitcoin. According to the report, the young man made a total of $5 million in ...
Key Bitcoin Chart NOBODY Is Watching Right Now (btc crypto live new market price today 2019 analysis - Duration: 46:41. Crypto Crew University 53,955 views 46:41 On-chain analyst Willy Woo published a new Bitcoin price model showing a new BTC bull run could begin in 30 days. One fundamental metric just reached levels not seen since just before the intense ... Professor Wally From Gunbot University Liam O'Cashidey Cory Stevens RTC 2021 Forex Lens Inc Auspicious Agile & Blockchain Yet Another Nick Bitsource AML Solutions Chris Charles Roman Geber David ... Is it the calm before the storm? Binance opens trading and not much has happened. But is a huge breakout coming? Let's take a look. Become a CryptosRus INSIDER to gain exclusive insight on the ... Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q Computer I Use To ... Professor Wally From Gunbot University Cory Stevens RTC 2021 Forex Lens Inc Auspicious Agile & Blockchain Yet Another Nick Bitsource AML Solutions Chris Charles Roman Geber David Chosrova Stuart Niven This video is unavailable. Watch Queue Queue Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q Computer I Use To ... Amazon Affiliate Link - (If You Buy Something On Amazon, I Get A Small Commission As A Way To Support The Channel) - (There is NO extra cost for you) https://amzn.to/39MXp4q Computer I Use To ... Bitcoin Donations Address: ... Professor Wally From Gunbot University RTC 2021 Forex Lens Inc Auspicious Agile & Blockchain Yet Another Nick Bitsource AML Solutions Chris Charles Roman Geber David ...